• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern July '22

Must be nice. I hate these popup afternoon thunderstorms. It seems like (for my location) all the storms tend to form just to the south/east of me. I've had less than one inch of rain over the past two weeks; while most places south/east have had multiple storms and flooding.

View attachment 119962
I'm the blue dot... Wake Forest has been golden..
I'll trade my summer storms for your winter storms

Must be nice. I hate these popup afternoon thunderstorms. It seems like (for my location) all the storms tend to form just to the south/east of me. I've had less than one inch of rain over the past two weeks; while most places south/east have had multiple storms and flooding.

View attachment 119962
I'm the blue dot... Wake Forest has been golden..
I don't get how these storms form exactly in the same areas day after day and just don't move. It's not normal thunderstorm behavior. Normally, they would form in random places and outflows would interact, forming new storms over different areas. It is really weird.

I don't get how these storms form exactly in the same areas day after day and just don't move. It's not normal thunderstorm behavior. Normally, they would form in random places and outflows would interact, forming new storms over different areas. It is really weird.
That's about the way I have felt many times over the years about these storms. Somehow though over the last 8 days we have had close to 7 inches of rain from storms. For some reason or other it is feast or famine here with these storms.

I did end up getting a little rain (less than 1/4"). But again nothing like what's just south/east of me (currently under a flood warning). It's strange that these storms have been constantly forming over north/central Wake. Maybe it's still just a statistical coincidence....

GFS looks awfully ugly for TX and the central US over the next couple of weeks. The core of the ridge looks to stay mostly out west, sparing the SE the worst of the heat. But the central US, particularly the south, is going to bake.

Back