• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Jukin June

appears to be a good deal of rain across the region today ...

currad2.png

And closer to home IMBY ...
From NWS JAX:
Waves of heavy rainfall are expected to overspread our region beginning this afternoon and continuing into early Thursday. Weak low pressure approaching the Florida panhandle coast on Tuesday morning will push overnight thunderstorm activity over the Gulf of Mexico quickly northeastward through our region on Tuesday morning. Very heavy downpours and cloud to ground lightning strikes will be the main threats with this activity. A squall line of strong to severe thunderstorms is then expected to develop over the Florida Big Bend region and south central Georgia by the early afternoon hours, with this activity moving quickly east-southeastward through our region during the afternoon hours. The Storm Prediction Center has placed areas from Waycross southward throughout all of northeast and north central Florida within a marginal risk for severe thunderstorm development on Tuesday. Damaging wind gusts, isolated tornadoes, and flooding downpours will be the primary threats with this activity.
Screen_Shot_2017-06-05_at_3.03.15_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2017-06-05_at_3.02.56_PM.png

It is the 18Z GFS -- but temp anomalies are not shabby at all for another week or so ... :cool:

not gonna post every map or it would chew up the server!!!

Not a 90 degree day in sight here. Only had a few so far, so wouldn't mind seeing few this month or even better, I'll go for none.
You're a bit north of me, but I'm with you a thousand percent! 80's are just fine, thank you!
Same with seeing no named storms!

What a dud rainfall event! 3+ days of rain, less than 1/2 " to show for it! :(

I'm only really getting started, starting last night with the rain event(s). Popcorn storms can be hit and miss. I did have a heavy shower yesterday at night but outside of thick humidity today, so far nothing...

Just happened to check my NWS forecast for the first time in a while.

Man, THOSE predictions are stunning. I saw a high 70s. Whoa.

I thought low 80s in June with the sun out was impossible.

I seriously can't believe how hard Im getting shafted right now in Hope Mills... Big storms to my north and south for the past hour, not a drop at my place. Da fuq.

Now it's pouring here, same like yesterday, the rain comes at night.

The humidity will be bad but I honestly hope for the same the next two days.

Back