• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Juggernaut June

This was in the 80s. I remember it well because I stayed with my grandma in the summer and she was scared to death of storms.

Yes, late 70's & 80's. Same scenario with me. Lot of time spent with Grandparents, and she often told me to go inside due to thunderstorms on the horizon.

Heat Wave officially ended here yesterday. High was 85 and had .6 rain. Dont see temps higher than mid 80s here for next 10 days and rain chances going way up.

When I was a kid it seemed we would get a summer thunderstorm in the late afternoon at least once a week.

I was telling my wife lastnight on our drive home from Raleigh this same story. We were in heavy rain with alot of sky crawling lightning. I told her that use to be common back when i was a kid. We'd get a line of storms and then a long period of light rain afterwards with rolling thunder overhead.

What month and date are we suppose to start losing daylight?

I was telling my wife lastnight on our drive home from Raleigh this same story. We were in heavy rain with alot of sky crawling lightning. I told her that use to be common back when i was a kid. We'd get a line of storms and then a long period of light rain afterwards with rolling thunder overhead.

Stratiform rain ftw

better watch the tropics this month I’m telling u now

I love it when the older generation talks about heat lightening. :)
Yep, it just goes to show you how much more we know about the weather than we did back in those days. Heck, we have made huge advancements in just the last 20 years. Especially in tornado research.

I love it when the older generation talks about heat lightening. :)
now now ... my hair is still auburn with just a touch of grey ...

~~~~~~~~

th.jpg

plus, it's really neat to sit out with a breeze on an otherwise hot summer night, see the fireflies and watch "heat lightning" in the distance, only to wake the next morning with a wet ground ... and no thunder to have awoken one ...

Last edited:
Yet another 90*F day here.

We'll have to wait and see if ATL managed an intra-hour 90*F. It's currently 89*F now.

Back