• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Januworry

in a good spot
1643436000-YavCtXY6fkM.png
To me this is a perfectly reasonable look from the ensembles. We’re in the ballpark. If it slides further east in subsequent runs then yeahhhhhh time to lower your expectations

Fun fact about the parent trough/shortwave- it already exists. We are not utilizing combining table scraps/wave propagation in the yukon to form our shortwave.gfs_z500_mslp_namer_fh0-168.gif
Watch the 972 low south of the Aleutians stream poleward, round the ridge then start diving. that's our guy. I bet we see a little more run to run continuity with this. I've always thought that the big dogs bark very far in advance and this is no exception.

This is one for the scrapbook

View attachment 109798
Temps looked just like that on ensembles for this past storm we just went through .. they can see significant storm signals far out.. so I can see how this event was seen in terms of major temp changes and such (those usually come with some sort of big event on the beginning or end of them) so the fact that we continue to see this signal in our medium range right now is another great sign that something else is coming for someone in the SE

Back