• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Januworry

@GaWx what's the CFS showing?

Been watching the long range GFS and the ridge over AK has been wanting to roll over forward and send a trough back off the NW coast and the pattern comes apart. Hopefully, that's a temporary thing.

In retrospect, it has been hinting at this incredible cold and wintry pattern!

More from 18Z GFS on this epic fantasy:
View attachment 106207
This doesn’t even include the ice well beneath it!
Larry, I believe if the mjo can stay out of warm phases, we should remain cold into February. Currently, we have more like an niño atmosphere with convection around dateline from what I understand

Epic cold SE HH GFS means tossing not an option! Maybe 1984-5 not so crazy an analog from the chilly Nov to mild Dec to frigid Jan along with similar ENSO. Also, the similar ENSO 1933-4 and 1971-2 both had a frigid shot mid to late month with single digits ATL and RDU. Both of those had a cold Feb with a near boardwide type of winter storm in Feb of 1934 and Feb of 1972 was very icy, esp in main CAD region:

D69C1075-F56C-4B86-88EE-4A68FC0A1686.png

Epic cold SE HH GFS means tossing not an option! Maybe 1984-5 not so crazy an analog from the chilly Nov to mild Dec to frigid Jan along with similar ENSO. Also, the similar ENSO 1933-4 and 1971-2 both had a frigid shot mid to late month with single digits ATL and RDU. Both of those had a cold Feb with a near boardwide type of winter storm in Feb of 1934 and Feb of 1972 was very icy, esp in main CAD region:

View attachment 106219
Here ya go to compare '84-'85 ... works ...

cd98.180.247.169.14.16.31.21.prcp.pngcd98.180.247.169.14.16.32.6.prcp.pngcd98.180.247.169.14.16.32.30.prcp.png

wow

jteakvd.gif

Hard to even know what to say. When is the last time we've seen this kind of pattern? I'm serious, I can't recall. Hopefully, it moves forward.
I don’t post much here or the other board anymore but I can say I don’t remember seeing anything like this. And I’ve been on these boards a long time. Lol!
Hope you’re doing well!

I don’t post much here or the other board anymore but I can say I don’t remember seeing anything like this. And I’ve been on these boards a long time. Lol!
Hope you’re doing well!
Good to hear from you, my friend. All is well here. Post away man. And I don't remember seeing anything like this either, not for the duration being forecasted anyway.

We're going to be burning the midnight oil over the next couple of weeks.

18Z GFS cold through the end fwiw. No, I will not beg for it to end if this is real. I’ll never get sick of it. I hope it stays cold with no end in sight! Here’s to a cold Feb and March, too!

View attachment 106247
Larry,
That +PNA is the chicken wire and duct tape holding this whole thing together ... just gotta hope the frail ol' southern "fix" holds ...
Phil

Back