• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Januworry

Looking further ahead mainly for entertainment, the 12Z CFS is still another run with strong cold/coldest of the run in early Feb. Of the last dozen or so runs, all but a couple have had each run's coldest anytime from the last week of Jan to the first 10 days of Feb. There's still no indication that Feb is going to be mild and the chance for it being solidly BN like for similar La Nina' s in 1934, 1972, 1899, and 1895 can't at all be ruled out. I'd say that our current ENSO along with the very warm December and considering the various CFS runs and Euro weeklies all is enough to tell me to at least not bet on a mild Feb.

Nothing beats standing outside, sucking in fresh artic air through the ole windpipes and smelling the auroma of firewood burning.
I agree and remember that so much as a kid with a snowstorm on the way. The pattern ‘fundamentals’ remain good. Hopefully we’ll have more chances pop

Weenietime again, folks. The 18Z CFS is the coldest run I’ve ever seen with an amazing 5+ BN for the rest of January and February for Atlanta! If this is true, this upcoming threat may be one of several. So, don’t sweat it.

The coldest 5 day period I’ve ever seen on a CFS run in the SE is this one, which has absolutely idiotic cold:

0CBAE0DB-20FD-4165-B93B-61952B0B058A.png

Look at the insane cross polar H5 for then:

09492C2B-9607-4B17-BC87-B2BDCD3BC571.png

Look at the plentiful qpf, which would be mainly wintry in the northern areas and probably include at least close calls to wintry pretty far south if this were to verify (I’m talking to you, @pcbjr , as well as to me):

43887BDA-07B7-4C45-9D1C-BCF9844AD20F.png

Back