• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Januworry

Nice look here let's see where it goes
3ccfaa60c9b6ee416deb29af151c72f4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And for the Atlanta area and points E&NE in Georgia, IF the wedge temps are just a few degrees too warm at the surface and trend colder which happens often in wedging situations, all things being equal, it would be a much bigger deal.

Brief bouts of it like here at 180...but I wouldn't sleep on one developing

9ElKiHA.png
We're getting waves dropping through every couple/three days. If we can get one to go boom off the coast and park it in the 50/50 spot, even for just a bit, you're going to see a big east coast winter storm. Active pattern for sure.

We're getting waves dropping through every couple/three days. If we can get one to go boom off the coast and park it in the 50/50 spot, even for just a bit, you're going to see a big east coast winter storm. Active pattern for sure.
End of GFS run goes legit, mod El Nino split flow with big wave in SW and cold up top....somebody along E Coast gets hit hard in that scenario

End of GFS run goes legit, mod El Nino split flow with big wave in SW and cold up top....somebody along E Coast gets hit hard in that scenario
I agree! If the map you posted a bit above comes close to happening.....the trof is going to undercut that ridge up over Alaska and keeping the cold coming down and having el nino like energy into the SW and then kicking east. IF we don't score in that pattern, It is time to RETIRE!! lol

Exactly. And to me, that's what you really want to happen for the best chance of big storm. Get a good pattern locked in for multiple days, while the chances keep coming down constantly like contestants on the price is right. (or rather every 1-3 days)

Each chance doesn't have to materialize either. It only takes one jackpot winner to make a winter memorable.

Back