• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Januworry

Reinforcement cold shot after the storm makes things pretty icy. Can we trend a bit south/ west? Alabama so close to be an the game IMO!

Based on strength and a deepening lp, precip looks a little light to the north and west. Even without a NW trend, I'd expect a bit more precip to the north and west.
TW

This is one of my wx board pet peeves when someone creates a storm thread, but doesn't mention that it was created...so good job here guys
Mine too grit. I usually realize it when this thread kind of goes silent and then I find there is already a 5-6 page storm thread on the board I've missed. :)

Reinforcement cold shot after the storm makes things pretty icy. Can we trend a bit south/ west? Alabama so close to be an the game IMO!

No this is definitely a tenn , north GA , SC and NC storm . Maybe extreme northern Alabama . Not for central bama and for sure not down your way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Storm #2

dfnKQZd.gif

This might be a crazy question but the 540 line is in central GA why is it showing so much green. I mean it got snow in Metro Atlanta but I with the 540 further south, I would have thought that the blue would expand further south.

Yeah it’s strange. If it amps up and we get high rates…I dunno how we don’t get a more favorable profile.

GFS even starting to show next Tuesday/Wednesday system like the Euro. Good stuff. Let's keep the trends my friends!!!

Yeah it’s strange. If it amps up and we get high rates…I dunno how we don’t get a more favorable profile.

Yeah, those areas showing rain north of where the 540 line has slipped south have BL temp issues. The sounding is mostly snow if heavy enough rates but with temps at surface too warm, light precip mostly rain. The further south you go the less you can depend on the 540 line as your rn/sn line

Let’s see what the Canadian has to offer…keep an eye on that low in Mexico

Yeah, those areas showing rain north of where the 540 line has slipped south have BL temp issues. The sounding is mostly snow if heavy enough rates but with temps at surface too warm, light precip mostly rain. The further south you go the less you can depend on the 540 line as your rn/sn line

Yeah that’s where you like the ICON. A bit more juice.

Back