• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Januworry

This will happen I get rain every one else west of me gets hammered, that low location is usually jackpot for me though....

View attachment 102708
Yeah that's money. More snow east. Low gets cranking and the column crashes. Love the big high dropping in. A smidge sooner and it's a snow party for everybody. Classic, classic setup.

Tough finding an analog for this. 2009 maybe?

Seems like we are seeing models with a ph7 pattern and hopefully ph 8.

View attachment 102696

How about a blend of Jan 2009 and 1996? Hoping we can create our own new favorite analog :cool:

vog7yGy.png

Weatherbell map. Second best run all season!
View attachment 102720
Cold Rain alluded to this but this map indicates a late bloomer with such heavy totals like that in those locations. I am guessing much of this in NEGA/SC would be mixed with sleet in a Miller B scenario. The big dog from the other day showed something similar but not as late so the biggest snow totals were further SW. If this bloomed a bit sooner it would get more peeps in the game for big snow, but it might also run the risk of over amping and cutting. Always such a tap dance around here to get one just right. Obviously this is a fantasy map but it is great to see the models continuing to show potential after the 13th, and especially after the 16th. Everybody stay tuned and keep those fingers and toes crossed!

Cold Rain alluded to this but this map indicates a late bloomer with such heavy totals like that in those locations. I am guessing much of this in NEGA/SC would be mixed with sleet in a Miller B scenario. The big dog from the other day showed something similar but not as late so the biggest snow totals were further SW. If this bloomed a bit sooner it would get more peeps in the game for big snow, but it might also run the risk of over amping and cutting. Always such a tap dance around here to get one just right. Obviously this is a fantasy map but it is great to see the models continuing to show potential after the 13th, and especially after the 16th. Everybody stay tuned and keep those fingers and toes crossed!
Looked at thermals. It’s more than supportive of snow in the upstate. In fact it’s very cold through the column and would support ratios probably closer to 15:1

Back