• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Januworry

Well, I know from the all knowing (lol) Maxar that the Canadian ensemble has retained its strong cold bias. So, based on that, I doubt it. But if the ensemble output is still based on the older version of the operational, it is possible the operational cold bias was fixed or reduced while the ensemble remains strongly cold biased.
Ga - was wondering if you could ask Maxar if the CMC Ens cold bias is more tied to the western U.S.? I see this a lot where it will just keep the Rockies and Great Basin cold no matter the pattern (would be nice to have that in real life huh)

nhGjXj8.gif

Ga - was wondering if you could ask Maxar if the CMC Ens cold bias is more tied to the western U.S.? I see this a lot where it will just keep the Rockies and Great Basin cold no matter the pattern (would be nice to have that in real life huh)

nhGjXj8.gif
Wonder if that has anything to do with the freezer they was just in with the exceptionally strong -PNA the last 2 weeks of dec

Some noise showing up around the 17th on the EPS View attachment 102546
Yes… I feel like the 16th-18th is when we should zero in on that time frame, but there’s enough energy and cold air around to have multiple threat just after that. With the MJO progression, +PNA, and the AO looking to go negative I really think we could all have some late nights of model watching coming up. Though I still doubt we see a fully west based -NAO, any bit of blocking near Greenland can only help

Yeah, big developing GL vortex and 2 southern stream waves….View attachment 102563
Woof..like that low height feature off the southeastern coast. Been seeing it a while now. Should keep a ridge from flaring up and spoiling our milk. There are many ways to fail, however.

Back