• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Januworry

Sheesh even though I think much of the Gfs is milarky without seeing that 144 system it has effects on downstream stuff but check out that block over Greenland View attachment 102481
Yeah. I just saw a post saying this was the worst run in a while, literally every tele looks great H5 looks great

Did the Jan 2-4 winter storm show up 7-10 days out? Seems to me it did not and the pattern wasn't as conducive then. If the pattern is better, which it is, and that pattern holds, which it appears it will, then give it time, something will show up. It's not like it's common to track 10 day winter storms, there not like TCs. Lol
Nope. They showed up within 5 days and became reality for a lot of places. I can probably count on one hand how many storms have showed up 10 days out and actually materialized. Also this mega storm was only forecasted to be 1-2 inches 2 days beforehand. It then went 2-3 and 3-4 and so on until 5-6 inches was finally put out yesterday morning. My point being that people should not be frustrated by not seeing a snow storm on the models in a 10 day period. A storm for the southeast could easily show up on the models this Monday for a snow that could pop next Thursday or Friday. I barely had time to be bummed I missed the big totals from last Sunday’s storm. By Monday a snow was showing up on the models and by Thursday night I was buried in 8 inches of pure powder!

Back