• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern January Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tarheel1 said:
tennessee storm said:
Storm5 said:
that's a sexy split flow on the 12z euro
Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
12z euro also has a nice severe weather event late next weekend... :)
Gotta get the storms to get the snow later!

Nothing beats watching a line of severe thunderstorms moving at you, or a cluster of supercells!  :(

Good news for cold wanters (most of the posters): the 12 EPS not only held serve on the cold for the 11-15 but is actually even colder than the 0Z EPS! To give an idea of how cold, the mean has 850's as cold as -5C to -8C for the peak of the cold in the Birmingham, ATL-AHN-GSP-Charlotte-RDU corridor and 0C all of the way to the Gulf coast-Jacksonville, FL. It isn't often that an ensemble mean (50 members!) way out during the 11-15 day period has 850's that peak that cold.
To compare, the 0Z EPS peak cold was about 2C warmer at 850.

Wow...12z Euro has as a 984mb low over extreme western TN at 168. There will definitely be severe wx this weekend for some.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

GaWx said:
Good news for cold wanters (most of the posters): the 12 EPS not only held serve on the cold for the 11-15 but is actually even colder than the 0Z EPS! To give an idea of how cold, the mean has 850's as cold as -5C to -8C for the peak of the cold in the Birmingham, ATL-AHN-GSP-Charlotte-RDU corridor and 0C all of the way to the Gulf coast-Jacksonville, FL. It isn't often that an ensemble mean (50 members!) way out during the 11-15 day period has 850's that peak that cold.
a71e1e224d4af025118676750e59e106.jpg

Storm5 said:
GaWx said:
a71e1e224d4af025118676750e59e106.jpg

HAHA! I almost texted you this pic. WOW at the cold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Safe to punt until February 18th seems like a safe bet. We have several weeks to kill with periods of strong storms and cool downs before we see a brief window for another wintry event outside of the mtns.

WilkesboroDude said:
Safe to punt until February 18th seems like a safe bet. We have several weeks to kill with periods of strong storms and cool downs before we see a brief window for another wintry event outside of the mtns.
saying a 4-5 week period is "safe" to punt is absolutely crazy . The end of the torch is right around corner . No window of opportunity is guaranteed. but normal to below temps will be here long before the 18th

WilkesboroDude said:
saying a 4-5 week period is "safe" to punt is absolutely crazy . The end of the torch is right around corner . No window of opportunity is guaranteed. but normal to below temps will be here long before the 18th . Hell at this point I'll be happy with cold temps after this torch

WilkesboroDude said:
saying a 4-5 week period is "safe" to punt is absolutely crazy . The end of the torch is right around corner . No window of opportunity is guaranteed. but normal to below temps will be here long before the 18th . Hell at this point I'll be happy with cold temps after this torch

WilkesboroDude said:

WilkesboroDude said:

Given the eps cools us back to normal around the 24th and below normal by the 27th I probably won't punt

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Given the eps cools us back to normal around the 24th and below normal by the 27th I probably won't punt

Please continue posting January thoughts in this thread:

http://southernwx.com/community/showthread.php?tid=296

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back