• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

January 6th-7th Potential Storm

Interesting numbers so far ahead of this system. Here is someone's station in northern Cherokee County, SC.

36/27

View attachment 140123
I’ve been living in Jasper now for about 4 years. Prior to that lived in Carrollton. Good point on CAD here in Pickens. Mt. Oglethorpe is to the NE of Jasper in NE Pickens Co. Mt. Oglethorpe is nearly 3,300 ft. I am about 1,400 ft in Jasper. Many setups like this will leave Pickens out of advisory but will have neighboring Dawson Co. in.

In very strong CADs, even places like Carrollton into Eastern AL can get involved, but has been a while since we have had that type of event to stretch that far SW.

I may drive up the mtn tomorrow… likely will have ice up there. But safe bet nothing to the SW and W as the cold air will be blocked.

Currently, some very lt sprinkles here. DP 26 Temp 42 at Jasper Airport. Rain showing on radar but dry air doing its thing.

34/28 now having warmed up from 32/26 an hour ago west of Winston. We're not going to see any zr at this rate.
That won't disappoint me. It's been a couple of years since the last serious ice storm. There are a lot more vulnerable trees and I hate listening to them crash to the ground out back with the tap, tap, tap of a freezing drizzle.

Slight glaze here, no pingers at all. I doubt temps reached the upper 20s as forecast and are pretty uniform in the area at 31-32 so don't figure this lasts much longer as heavier rain moves in. NAM was the first model to show all ZR-rain. It flirted colder on some runs but was pretty consistent with the warmer looks up here. ?

Back