• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry January 3rd-6th, 2018 Winter Storm The ARCC/Xtreme Weather Special

I know i saw my snow few weeks ago, and im thankful for that, but all the winters that sucked, why not ask for more to make up time.We all deserve what we can get

I’m not flushing anything the way the models have been . The H5 setup taken at face value on the euro favors a late bloomer . Does me no good . I’ll take whatever we end up with but I’m sure as hell not flushing any chance of wintry precip

Right behind you on that. Next week holds a lot of potential.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The variables will change of course very positive stuff that Euro,GFS, and CMC all aboard multiple instances of winter weather and I fully expect amounts to trend up from where they are at and locations at current moment if all holds out... the one thing I've always seen Euro struggle with is precip amounts so the fact it has it is all good to me

So to see precip amounts go up with the first wave we would need a taller ridge and less northern stream interaction? Still learning here. :cool:

Big snow SE GA/
Congrats on the second wave Larry!!!!
fa4b72a34adb234919166186793f6a57.jpg

Thanks, Charlie! Hopefully it is real! Weatherdawg, Stormsfury, and I are hit with a solid event by the 12Z Euro with 1" near Valdosta (biggest in I don't know how long), 2" for SAV (easily the biggest since 12/89), and a 4" clobber for Stormsfury. Also, areas in SE GA about 50 miles to my west get clobbered with ~4"!

Some climo related comments:
- Note that N.O. gets 1". Many of the significant SAV-CHS snows were preceded by 1"+ at N.O.
- Note how far SE the surface low tracks off the SE coast. It forms 100 miles E of the southern tip of FL and then moves NE from there while remaining 400 miles SE of SAV-CHS, which is consistent with some past big storms in this area though it will sometimes be only like 200 miles SE.
- Nice WSW to SW H5 to H7 flow providing ample moisture.

Someone ask yesterday on here, has there ever been a time where the gfs OP has ever done good with it being a own its own with no other support? Well today should answer your questions

Someone ask yesterday on here, has there ever been a time where the gfs OP has ever done good with it being a own its own with no other support? Well today should answer your questions
It did and I was hoping for this to happen! LOL

Back