• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry January 3rd-6th, 2018 Winter Storm The ARCC/Xtreme Weather Special

At least if it happens again you have a couple days lead time instead of the night before.
Hey Eric could you lend some insight into the difference between the 3km, 12km, 32km precip fields. The 3km is the only one seeming to pickup on large surface reflections over the region. Is the 3km the highest resolution? Could the resolution be the reason the GFS shows a precip field similar to the 12km when in reality there should be a larger precip field? Thanks in advance as always

At least if it happens again you have a couple days lead time instead of the night before.

What’s interesting is we essentially have one day lead time for preparedness given today was a holiday for many. Small window tomorrow night into Wed morning to warn folks and brine before everyone’s out and about. Interesting couple of days ahead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What’s interesting is we essentially have one day lead time for preparedness given today was a holiday for many. Small window tomorrow night into Wed morning to warn folks and brine before everyone’s out and about. Interesting couple of days ahead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We went to the store today and got food and melting salt just in case. To.orrow might be a madhouse.

I can tell you now national weather service here in CAE will not bite on this they will wait till frozen precip is falling then send out a warning/ advisory
Lol I know exactly what you mean. They are extremely conservative

Way lighter precip field on the RGEM. Not very impressive at all.

Here's the last panel from the 18z RGEM
prateptype.us_se.png

One of my local mets today at 12 slightly hinted that something could possibly be brewing, but didn't go into any details. I'm starting to feel confident that my nearly eight year streak of not receiving one inch of snow is about to end.

RGEM looks pretty good, not as good as NAM or 3KM nam, phases a bit later.

RGEM total wise, doesn't look quite as impressive as the NAM. Barely makes it to CAE

Back