• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry January 3rd-6th, 2018 Winter Storm The ARCC/Xtreme Weather Special

My guess would be that by tonight maybe more of the global models will move more to a NAM solution. Just hope the NAM isn’t out to lunch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To my untrained eye, NAM had the trailer wave east and very fast diving almost over the lakes.

rgem_mslp_pcpn_frzn_seus_42.png
:rolleyes:

My guess would be that by tonight maybe more of the global models will move more to a NAM solution. Just hope the NAM isn’t out to lunch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If the NAM is out to lunch then it's been there for awhile now. Must be hungry

NAM is fun to look at and I think still possible but we need more model support for it, before I totally buy in. Notice *especially on the 3km nam* how mujch more "vorticity bombs* there are over the SE vs the western atlantic. I noticed the NAM also dropped in the waves further west and phased them a bit quicker.

NAM is fun to look at and I think still possible but we need more model support for it, before I totally buy in. Notice *especially on the 3km nam* how mujch more "vorticity bombs* there are over the SE vs the western atlantic. I noticed the NAM also dropped in the waves further west and phased them a bit quicker.
Here is something that you might like seeing you are in Macon area.
12Z
download_5.png

0Z
download_4.png

SC getting major stuff..
refcmp_ptype.us_ma.png

The NW trend of the main surface low track
on the NAM continues. It is now getting uncomfortably close to the coast and is turning more of the coastal snow into ZR and delaying the change to snow. Might Delta score a win with his bold call of a low near or not far from Jacksonville, FL? If this trend continues, rain may soon enter into the equation.

I'm pretty confident that the last 2 NAM runs are being affected by its too high qpf bias to some extent.

Does anyone know why the NAM has no sleet in the transition zone between snow and ZR?

What? It doesn't begin for the coastal areas until hour 45 on the NAM, RGEM is at 42 and moisture still moving north.

It's not bad. Doesn't show the whole "storm" but it gets precip close to me at 48 and the storm doesn't really get started until after that hour on the NAM. I would like to see the Euro come back around to a wetter solution though.

GFS a little faster on chaser wave so far, our wave is tilting already through hr 24

What? It doesn't begin for the coastal areas until hour 45 on the NAM, RGEM is at 42 and moisture still moving north.
Does the RGEM only go out to 48? For some reason, I thought it went longer.

Back