• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry January 3rd-6th, 2018 Winter Storm The ARCC/Xtreme Weather Special

ya, I think if your outside the coastal areas its going to be very tough to get moisture and precip. RDU might still have a shot, but if your not on or very near the coast this ones going to be tough I think unless we see a quicker phase.

I 100% agree with this. I hope I’m wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ya, I think if your outside the coastal areas its going to be very tough to get moisture and precip. RDU might still have a shot, but if your not on or very near the coast this ones going to be tough I think unless we see a quicker phase.

Yeah as long as we have the two waves in play the rest of the way, it's likely going to come down to SFC corrections that bring it closer a little bit versus the actual 500mb pattern. The NAM tonight seems to hint at a rapid occlusion based on the 00z run with its crazy triple low centers or just incredible feedback. Time to rest.

I believe you are underestimating the potential. I actually think coastal areas will be too warm for anything besides rain when the northwest trends are done.If the main wave closes off like the Rgem model is showing,this could lead to a Gulf Low,which may lead to a Northern Florida track and then hugging the coast afterwards,It's real possibly that areas like Macon,Columbia,Greensboro,Raleigh, Fayetteville,Rocky Mount ,Virginia Beach,etc could see a major snowstorm with snow in Northern Georgia,Upstate South Carolina and even Western North Carolina with that type of track.With the continuation of the west trends,it's possible.

The Euro actually wasn’t too bad. Nam is probably close to best-case, but plenty of time for this to trend as the big players don’t agree on when the s/w goes neutral as it’s hard to tell between frames where exactly it occurs...but one can guess. I’m still as interested as I was before the 00z Euro.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

namconus_asnow_us_22.png
Happy New Year Larry

Of that low would coast little more west, then the south GA and east Bama would be gold.

Good way to start off the New Years with a bang, with the 6z runs.

Uhm. IF it were to occur, snowfall maps are very low for CLT / CAE (more inland areas)

3km NAM shows a lot of sleet and ice at the onset of the storm for the coastal plains of GA, SC, and NC. Be careful. There's definitely a warm nose there that the lower res NAM isn't picking up. I think as the storm begins to pull away, the strong cold air advection from the northeast will cool the column for snow in almost all locations.

nam3km_mslp_pcpn_frzn_seus_60.png

Back