• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry January 3rd-6th, 2018 Winter Storm The ARCC/Xtreme Weather Special

You all did a great job! That screw zone if you look at the models fro. Tuesday night was over portions of Northeast SC. So I believe the models picked up on it, but the way that it was depicted and ended up, was completely wrong.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Isn't there more of a tendency for tracks to shift NW as you get closer to an event than the other way around? Keeping that in mind, I'm not about to give up on this one. Of course, a NW shift could possibly make it a little too warm for me but I'd obviously like to have that situation and see what were to play out since history says that is the best chance trackwise.

Bump for future reference for forecasting: a reminder that the very common NW shift did, indeed, occur for this historic storm from this point in time even though some of the brightest minds here had their doubts about it at the time saying the pattern was more northern stream dominated. Lesson learned:
assume there's a good chance for a significant NW shift regardless of the setup.

Back