• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry January 29th-30th ARCC Slam Dunk Winter Weather Threat

As @Storm5 sort of requested, the 3km NAM

nam3km_asnow_seus_61.png

This is the area to watch over the next 24 for trends . Seems like the best QPF will be in this general area south and east of BHAM
3433a1c67dde68d932751d6e2c0c7354.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'll count my area in the very NE tip of that. It makes sense since that's the most ideal location for moisture to be pulled northward as the wave tilts into a more favorable position.

3km NAM has a very weak 1014mb SLP straddling along the FL Panhandle. Going full on wx weenie here, but what's the chances of the NAM being under on the QPF because of this? It's been on the past few runs so far. GFS has also had it.

You know the Dec.2017 storm had really underdone qpf and results based on most models but about 48-72 hours up to NAM and RGEM really started upping #s while others held steadfast...NAM ended up pretty darn close now this is a artic frontal passage which was different type of setup and fast moving unlike the Dec storm which just seemed like a all day stream from gulf but if slp does develop and strength somebody along it going womped

NAM gives ATL a solid inch. I’ll take that. This is eerily similar to last January. Locally you may see 2-3 in around the metro.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back