• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Observations January 2020 Obs

KATL is already down to 25 at 1 AM meaning a good shot at the coldest of the season to date. Currently, the coldest is 24. But there's a chance that cloudiness coming in with the upper low will stop the fall soon.

KATL had a low of 23, which barely makes it the coldest of the season to date vs the 24 in mid-November.

In this area, it actually either stayed the same or even fell slightly between 10 and 11 AM! Impressive CAA with temps only 36-7 at 11 AM and winds gusting over 20 mph bringing windchills easily down into the 20s, something not seen often in any winter down here! Assuming I’m able to do it, tonight’s walk will certainly be an adventure though I’m crazy enough to do it. I’m sure to be the only nut on the path then!

Still haven't bested the Nov 12th low of 22 at CHA. Very odd. Not sure what is happening with lows these days. We had a 33 high yesterday and only managed to drop to 24 overnight. Might go down to 22 tonight, but I'm skeptical. And then it looks like another long stretch without a freeze at night. In January. Bizarre.

I'm betting I get lower than the 19.8 I had last night.
Yeah you guys have a chance to go calm and really free fall. I think we are going to keep too much of a north breeze here and we may have a few clouds too and the best we can hope for is 22-25 similar to last night

22.3F/35.3F yesterday
21.9F/39.0F today

northeast Cobb county

Just had my coldest walk in probably 2 years with 36 and windchill well down into the 20s.

The odd thing is that the radar isn’t even picking anything up at Folly! I wonder what’s falling where there are echos!

The odd thing is that the radar isn’t even picking anything up at Folly! I wonder what’s falling where there are echos!

Under tilt 2, you can kind of make an argument that it’s snowing at the coast. Although I’m not sure beyond that. Lol.
3aee294440b2c6dd71da6d9adb68fec9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KCHS still didn’t realize it as of 10:20 PM as they said it was evaporating:

NEAR TERM /UNTIL 6 AM WEDNESDAY MORNING/

AS OF 1020 PM: KCLX CONTINUED TO SHOW WEAK REFLECTIVITY
APPROACHING THE COAST. HOWEVER, REFLECTIVITY DECREASES AS IT
APPROACHES THE RADAR AND LOWERS IN THE ATMOSPHERE. THE RADAR
DISPLAY IS OBSERVING THE PRECIPITATION EVAPORATE. I WILL UPDATE
THE FORECAST TO WARM LOWCOUNTRY HOURLY TEMPS UNDER THE THICK
CLOUD COVER THROUGH LATE TONIGHT. SKY CONDITIONS WILL ALSO BE
INCREASED THROUGH THE REST OF THE NIGHT.”

Back