• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern January 2017 Discussion

Brick Tamland link said:
[quote author=SoutheastRidge link=topic=60.msg4409#msg4409 date=1483037686]
Why do I get the feeling this is going to end up being an Indiana/Ohio storm ?

Your username is bad luck.  :p
[/quote] It may be bad luck but I think it's appropriate.

SD link said:
Well that sucks.  Good news is we are still 7 days out...bad news is in this part of the world they rarely trend back

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
agree

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

accu35 link said:
[quote author=WXinCanton link=topic=60.msg4421#msg4421 date=1483038209]
Ensembles at this range.
when do they come out?
[/quote] Euro that is

so the 12z gfs introduced a ser, the 12z gefs introduced a SER and the 12z euro introduced a SER. 12z runs were not good .

it's like holding on to slippery rope hanging from a 50 story building

That run is very realistic, IF the block doesn't setup or hold causing the first lakes cutter to act like a 50/50. The SER will have just enough time to respond and flex between the systems and cut each wave. It's just an OP run and at this range there is going to be some big swings. Watch the Ensembles, not the OPs.

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

Hopefully, the Euro ensembles will say the op is out to lunch.

SD link said:
Well that sucks.  Good news is we are still 7 days out...bad news is in this part of the world they rarely trend back

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

So true but seems we've seen the Euro struggle this year at this range, don't remember specifics but seems there have been a couple of times one day it showed 60+ a week out only to show 40's very next run for that time frame.  Now if it has ensemble support might be time to worry but the gefs looked great and so I'm going with this is just a hiccup for now

Storm5 link said:
so the 12z gfs introduced a ser, the 12z gefs introduced a SER and the 12z euro introduced a SER. 12z runs were not good .

The SER scenario has been there in  some of the GEFS and EPS members. I think Webber mentioned this yesterday. The OPs I take with a grain of salt at this range.

Let me preface this by saying these are the model outputs for snow from YESTERDAY's 12z runs for the GFS and Euro.

podLUH4yp

GFS 12z from yesterday

poIh6ECxp

Euro 12z from yesterday

It's still way too early to make assumptions of what's going to happen with this storm. We'll see what happens, but I'm definitely not writing this one off yet. If it continues to trend worse through Saturday/Sunday, you can start to throw the red flags up.

Re: January 2017 Discussion

after the weenie run last night on the 00z eps , I don't even want to look at the 12z run. It can't beat last night

Re: January 2017 Discussion

Storm5 link said:
after the weenie run last night on the 00z eps , I don't even want to look at the 12z run. It can't beat last night

I don't blame you, just pointing out the rapid changes in the models in a 24 hour period.

nam0806 link said:
Let me preface this by saying these are the model outputs for snow from YESTERDAY's 12z runs for the GFS and Euro.

podLUH4yp

GFS 12z from yesterday

poIh6ECxp

Euro 12z from yesterday

It's still way too early to make assumptions of what's going to happen with this storm. We'll see what happens, but I'm definitely not writing this one off yet. If it looks like this on Saturday/Sunday, you can start to throw the red flags up.
Agreed, we have lots of other runs to go through in the coming days. What ever we have the most consistency of is what's most likely going to happen.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

tellicowx link said:
[quote author=Storm5 link=topic=60.msg4424#msg4424 date=1483038337]

The SER scenario has been there in  some of the GEFS and EPS members. I think Webber mentioned this yesterday. The OPs I take with a grain of salt at this range.

[/quote]
very few gefs and eps have shown that senario. Obviously it's a possibility but it's not like it's been a huge option in the ensembles

Really have to watch the 50/50. Need it to ramp up strong and be in position. If it doesn't get some ns go juice and crank, we'll never make it to the start line and race is over before it begins. It's fun to look at the finish line and total accums, but it boils down to getting out of the blocks first.

accu35 link said:
[quote author=accu35 link=topic=60.msg4422#msg4422 date=1483038309]
[quote author=WXinCanton link=topic=60.msg4421#msg4421 date=1483038209]
Ensembles at this range.
when do they come out?
[/quote] Euro that is
[/quote]

Usually around 3 or so

January 2017 Discussion

https://youtu.be/L3gQP7tOAUo
This is how I feel right now about the Euro...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back