• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry January 14-16th storm potential.

These totals will be coming up based on short range and medium range models spitting out more and more with each run. Also I’ll be in Blacksburg starting tonight! Semester starts tuesday
1705263500515.png
there it is!

models are pretty much useless now. Interesting precipitation is breaking out earlier than model guidance. Regardless of what happens they have been horrible. Literally trended in opposite direction.

The models are never more accurate than literally right before the storm. Sure, maybe looking at actual OBS is insightful at this stage, but when we live and die by the models for days, then “throw them out” right before the storm just because they don’t show what we want, it always strikes me as a hard cope.

The models are never more accurate than literally right before the storm. Sure, maybe looking at actual OBS is insightful at this stage, but when we live and die by the models for days, then “throw them out” right before the storm just because they don’t show what we want, it always strikes me as a hard cope.
When I say they are useless. I’m saying it’s nowcasting time. I’m simply talking about the difference between them at such a short lead time.

The Mountain block in full force!
snku_acc-imp.us_ma.png

Am I missing something here? I’ve considered my area to pretty much be out of this since Thursday- curious as to what the logic is for this

Attachments

• IMG_2668.jpeg
    IMG_2668.jpeg
    611.5 KB · Views: 70
Back