• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry January 14-16th storm potential.

I-20 corridor in Alabama could be caught off guard if this thing shifts south at the last minute. What a close call..
Highly unlikely that every single model, including all of their Ensemble members are missing the snow that bad. If anything, maybe hwy 278 gets caught off guard in the eastern parts of AL

Highly unlikely that every single model, including all of their Ensemble members are missing the snow that bad. If anything, maybe hwy 278 gets caught off guard in the eastern parts of AL
Sleet and freezing rain are very much a concern all the way into that area. just one model:
1705741200-kiJDCPvXmLI.png

1705741200-dtiIfpDKQBE.png

Not really that close for snow… maybe some light pingers and a little ZR

Not quite, it all depends on what wave you are looking at. The only real threat with snow for the AL I20 corridor is hoping you get a greater expansion of precip with the second overrunning batch. Not something you want to bet on but definitely not impossible.

1705162919345.png

I’ve seen so many overrunning events like this (Dec 2017, Jan 28-29 2014, Feb 11 2014, Feb 12-13 2010, etc.) trend north at the last minute, not really worried at all about model details, even at this range.

All that matters is the setup, and it can definitely support a last minute low-moderate impact snow/ice event late Tuesday into Wednesday, even in NC

Back