• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry January 14-16th storm potential.

It’s 38 here with a stiff NNE breeze. It’s 3 degrees colder 15 minutes to my east and is heading this way. That HRRR warm 2M bias is rearing its ugly head. Makes things somewhat interesting for some freezing drizzle or maybe some light ZR potential if we keep this temp drop going
34.8 here and dropping. colder than everything modeling wise. At least could be some spotty freezing drizzle for some areas as WAA cranks up before a quick switch to cold rain as latent heat release occurs. It’s something I guess

Just out curiosity… how much has piled up? If you got a couple inches, that’s gonna be hard to melt
Funny thing is it's hard to tell. It never once got above 27 here all day, but road temps and latent heat release kept the roads mostly wet till after dark. (p.s. watching water roll down the gutter all day at 25° hurts your feelings a little bit). Also, we've got pretty tall dead Bermuda grass, but it's getting near the top of that. My car however, is covered in a metric ton of ice and sleet. Just a crazy setup right in this little area.

I am having a hard time believing that. We have had zero precipitation in Etowah, yet is says we will have 2 inches of frozen precipitation ?
You’re not going to get precip until after midnight. The good stuff is still back west in Mississippi.

So with all the maps y’all are posting.. and I’m seeing sleet/zr in Troup county/LaGrange GA… why does FFC only have advisories down to I -20/Carroll county?? Am I missing something?

My best bet is they extend the advisories south early in the morning.
Either that, or they totally ignore all the models y’all have posted here.. the rap model really hands it to us and I thought it was a good short term model.. isn’t the rap a version of the eta? Or am I confusing that with the NAM?

Back