• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry January 14-16th storm potential.

Checking in from Lawrenceburg, TN. Started snowing last night around 8pm. We've had a few breaks here and there but its been pretty steady. We are somewhere around 3" right now. Really hoping that precip in North MS heads this way, but I have my doubts. Currently in a dry slot. Any reports coming in from Oxford. It looks like they are getting smashed!

Just under 1" of qpf on the latestv hrrr and rap for Chattanooga and Knoxville. Not going to matter if that's sleet, snow, or a mix of both. That's a lot of frozen precip for any winter storm.

Still to come? Or storm total?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Snow all day so far in Blowing Rock. Roads are fine though as we're sitting just above freezing. 32.7 at the house, just at 4000'. Bit warmer closer into town. Maybe an inch on the ground.

Just under 1" of qpf on the latestv hrrr and rap for Chattanooga and Knoxville. Not going to matter if that's sleet, snow, or a mix of both. That's a lot of frozen precip for any winter storm.
We've pushed over 3" up in Signal Mountain. It's been more sleet than snow for the past 45 minutes but still waffling. Models have been depicting a little cooling in the 850's this afternoon. Hopefully that'll keep us both primarily snow later on.

EDIT: Every time I make a post, my P-type transitions. Back to mostly snow again.

Back