• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Jan 29-30 Possible Light Snow

Hrrr does look good with a decent band across the state.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
It gets a touch better each run... somebody going to get a legit snow shower in the morning

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Any chance I can get the SREF member that gives me 1.66” of snow to verify???
If only lol. It's snowing moderate to heavy now in Boone. That's the band that will break containment. It's upper air driven and not just associated with NWFS that will hit them latter tonight. Watch it on radar and it should re appear just west of Statesville, Mocksville. That's are only chance

Another overperformer in my book. 2 in a row.
Covered everything up here at work very well. Hopefully we can keep the streak going for the next event.

I tried to post a pic but oh well.
Our Mtn counties did very well with this event and it's still going up there this morning.

How much snow did everyone see out of this and/or what you've been able to glean for other areas via friends, family, etc? I was able to find reports for the Triad

How much snow did everyone see out of this and/or what you've been able to glean for other areas via friends, family, etc? I was able to find reports for the Triad
I didn't even see a flake just a few rain drops, interestingly enough heading into work I saw a light dusting on rooftops in the extreme SW corner of Halifax Co. only stretched for a couple of miles.... saw nothing else headed into Louisburg

I didn't even see a flake just a few rain drops, interestingly enough heading into work I saw a light dusting on rooftops in the extreme SW corner of Halifax Co. only stretched for a couple of miles.... saw nothing else headed into Louisburg

Oh okay! Thanks! Yeah I saw huffman recorded a dusting in southern Franklin

Oh okay! Thanks! Yeah I saw huffman recorded a dusting in southern Franklin
Yeah I saw that also (he always says 5 miles west of Youngsville, so I'm guessing right along the Franklin, Granville, Wake Co lines, not too far from Brick I believe) and I'd like to hear what Orange County received, school systems there actually closed.....
of course could just be a case of poor timing and some overreaction

Last edited:
There had to have been about a 1/2 in Greensboro in the Guilford College area. Everything is covered and there is still black ice and even some snow in the shady spots on the roads. Overperformer for sure.

Thanks guys for the info. I'm really curious to see what happened north of the Triad and SE of Raleigh towards Smithfield, Goldsboro, Wilson, & Greenville because New Bern reported snow but I haven't seen anything from these locations in between

Back