• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Jan 27-28 Snow Potential Official Thread

This band over east Forsyth does mean business. Solid dusting on the grass and I'm even seeing signs of snow on the road. Big flakes for sure and we are now under 33. Another hour of this and we would get an inch but I don't know if it will last that long.

The air mass is pretty uniform over central and eastern NC, the flip should happen pretty fast everywhere over the next hr or so especially north of 264....the 925 temps are crashing into NC pretty fast....the biggest killer is how fast it all ends....most models have it over by 7am for most west of hwy 17 in NC....

The air mass is pretty uniform over central and eastern NC, the flip should happen pretty fast everywhere over the next hr or so especially north of 264....the 925 temps are crashing into NC pretty fast....the biggest killer is how fast it all ends....most models have it over by 7am for most west of hwy 17 in NC....
FWIW seems HRRR has slowed it down a little and beefed up accums a smidge again. Seeing how quickly it is piling up I'll not be surprised if someone between me and you get 5"

FWIW seems HRRR has slowed it down a little and beefed up accums a smidge again. Seeing how quickly it is piling up I'll not be surprised if someone between me and you get 5"

I'm still stuck at 36/37 and its all rain as of 10 mins ago, still a little to warm at 925 here I think.....but a few raindrops had that I was just a snowflake look to them so its working on getting it cooled down.....need it to slow down 2-3 hrs at 1" a hr that would take a 2-4" event to a 5-6" event...

Back