• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Jan 15-16 Winter Storm Discussion & Obs

I have a few flakes flying around in Woodstock. I had relatives with 2 kids leave after stopping here overnight on their way to a funeral in Hurlock Maryland. They are taking I 85 ,I 95 ,US 50 route. Driving a truck with all terrain tires . Wondering if any roads closures or just bad areas I should warn them about. They left around 11:30

Well that was fun. While I can't believe it wasn't snowing at 21, at least it wasn't ice. It was cool that during the entire event, the gutters never ran!! That's unusual, as theirs always some melt, lol.

It's a pile of sleet, and with these temps, it's not going anywhere anytime soon.

On to the next!
Reminded me of February 2014 when we got tons of sleet (after initial snow) at like 20 degrees. Wild stuff!

Still snowing in Boone and surrounding area. Unreal, been snowing non stop going on 40 hours, with the exception of about a 3 to 4 hour window as they transitioned to upslope. Know one guy in chains on jeep cant get out to main road. Gonna have to plow out of this one. Several 20+ accums .

Back