Pattern Jammin' January

• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!
I'm not sure if the FV3 runs belong here or in the banter thread at this point. A 1057mb high? Really?
fv3p_mslpa_us_37.png
It could happen. No kidding.

Reactions: Meteorologist1999
Almost like we are going to continue to struggle to get the millar A we want. But we have the cold shots

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Flurry
The 18z GEFS hasn’t disappointed over the last couple of nights. The ridge out west continues to look better starting next weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Rain Cold
My bit of a thought though is remember that in winter systems the models show thing "way out" then will "lose them" 7-10 days out only to "find them" again 5 days out. Several times, IMO that has led to some of the better systems..

I'm not sure I would consider 3-5 days really kicking the can, its not like we are saying by early February we will be better. The 20th and 23rd systems are also worth keeping an eye on, I just believe they are more likely to end up to our NW.

I agree, that has happened before, and I also agree that 3 to 5 days is not a long time. But I meant from now to the 25th is a long time when it comes to weather. Maybe I am being greedy, but we were liking at three possible systems between the 20th and 25th, and now it looks like we are looking more at just the 25th. Maybe there is so much going on that week and so many possibilities that the models are going to be going back and forth like crazy until then.