• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Jammin' January

I know this run didn't make it, but WOW look at that ridge going up....
View attachment 10878
Poleward anticyclones from the North Atlantic only make the NAO more positive in the long run and rarely make the nao negative for more than a few days, the lifetime of about one wave break. Need a big block to form over Scandinavia and come west to get the big -NAO everyone wants

Poleward anticyclones from the North Atlantic only make the NAO more positive in the long run and rarely make the nao negative for more than a few days, the lifetime of about one wave break. Need a big block to form over Scandinavia and come west to get the big -NAO everyone wants

With how active the pattern seems to want to be that will be tough? Though, end of ens runs shows trough breaking down over B/K sea and Scandi. Maybe in Feb.

I agree on that, but sorry was talking about pac ridge

FV3 looks like a swing and a miss on 1/23. The wave went from being pretty amped to the northern stream shearing out the wave (and epic cold I believe). Good news I think, with it being this early.

FV3 looks like a swing and a miss on 1/23. The wave went from being pretty amped to the northern stream shearing out the wave (and epic cold I believe). Good news I think, with it being this early.
Also has a better look then the gfs on this run so far. A lot cold air to the north also.

That storm on the end of the FV looks exactly like the storm that produced a good snow last year around this time in nc

Back