• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Jalapeño July

RDU is sitting at 98, will the warehouse catch fire and hit 100?

Sent from my SM-J320VPP using Tapatalk
95/76 HI 109 at the house prob too cloudy to hit 100 lots of Cu around as the Piedmont trough tries to get going

Looks like the trough is between me and the airport they have mixed out and dewpoints are in the 60s

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Excessive heat watch thatll verify better than a winter storm watch, no offense to the NWS. Certainly looking like both tonight and tomorrow night might have trouble falling below 80 with tomorrow being a better bet

One thing I gotta say -
Heat is certainly on today.

actheat_1280x720.jpg

Last edited:
There's definitely some boundary, probably a piedmont lee trough extending from about Wadesboro-Rockingham NC to just north of Fayetteville and into Smithfield and Goldsboro-Wilson, probably going to be a focal pt for any significant shower and thunderstorm activity the next several hours aside from upslope flow over the foothills and far western piedmont in NC and canonical development near the sea breeze further south & east... Definitely seeing a lot more filtered sunshine here at my place, a lot of building congestus towers... On another note, the thunderstorm that was over Chester County SC a little while ago seemed to have produced one heck of an outflow boundary/downdraft because skies there cleared within a matter of several minutes nearly county wide...

Excessive heat watch thatll verify better than a winter storm watch, no offense to the NWS. Certainly looking like both tonight and tomorrow night might have trouble falling below 80 with tomorrow being a better bet

And the excessive heat watch is just for the cities of Raleigh, Cary, Fayetteville and Fort Bragg I believe.... can't say I've ever seen that. I'll be surprised if they don't expand that to the counties at least Wake and South and east.

There's definitely some boundary, probably a piedmont lee trough extending from about Wadesboro-Rockingham NC to just north of Fayetteville and into Smithfield and Goldsboro-Wilson, probably going to be a focal pt for any significant shower and thunderstorm activity the next several hours aside from upslope flow over the foothills and far western piedmont in NC and canonical development near the sea breeze further south & east... Definitely seeing a lot more filtered sunshine here at my place, a lot of building congestus towers... On another note, the thunderstorm that was over Chester County SC a little while ago seemed to have produced one heck of an outflow boundary/downdraft because skies there cleared within a matter of several minutes nearly county wide...
This guy has formed along it

f1e3a286a4762142613cae5c897c3a54.jpg

And the excessive heat watch is just for the cities of Raleigh, Cary, Fayetteville and Fort Bragg I believe.... can't say I've ever seen that. I'll be surprised if they don't expand that to the counties at least Wake and South and east.

Yeah I haven't either, but I can't blame them because the urban heat islands certainly add several degrees to the heat index and there's probably more confidence that these areas will meet Heat Advisory and/or Excessive Heat Warning criteria

Same here. Will be interesting to read the afd might have to do with urban centers and the heat islands. That said the I95 counties seem like a slam dunk for 110 heat indicies tomorrow

Yeah I haven't either, but I can't blame them because the urban heat islands certainly add several degrees to the heat index and there's probably more confidence that these areas will meet Heat Advisory and/or Excessive Heat Warning criteria
Same here. Will be interesting to read the afd might have to do with urban centers and the heat islands. That said the I95 counties seem like a slam dunk for 110 heat indicies tomorrow

I think you two were colluding in that response.... Lol. Yeah those urban heat islands, hate it for you guys, while I'm hot I'll at least get to mid 70's tonight y'all unfortunately :(

I think you two were colluding in that response.... Lol. Yeah those urban heat islands, hate it for you guys, while I'm hot I'll at least get to mid 70's tonight y'all unfortunately :(

I know right, I guess great minds think alike? Lucky lol, like storm said I personally doubt we get below 80F tonight...

This is just brutal... from Rah NWS
The accumulative affects of 3 or more days with heat index values near or above 110 in the cities of Fayetteville and Raleigh combined with the failure of temperatures to fall below 80 at night will create excessive stress. If these readings are still expected in later forecasts, these two counties/cities will be upgraded to an Excessive Heat Warning.

Might have to keep an close eye out for big mesoscale convective complexes diving southeastward from the midwest OH/TN Valley into the mid-Atlantic and southeastern states given the large-scale, notorious NW flow/ring of fire pattern that will dominate the continuous US east of the Rockies this upcoming week...

Certainly wouldn't be the first major MCS of late and not the first time I've seen this from the ECMWF in this time period, wherein it's actually trying to sniff out a large MCS and rather potent MCV in the medium range (that attempts to grow upscale into a hybrid, subtropical or extratropical cyclone off the Carolinas), essentially amounting to a summertime Alberta Clipper...

Unknown.gif

Back