• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Hurricane Zeta

I just saw my first transformer flash of the night. I wish my tempest station was on the roof too. It would be wicked right now.

Here's the first local storm report for FFC:

PRELIMINARY LOCAL STORM REPORT
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE PEACHTREE CITY GA
427 AM EDT THU OCT 29 2020

.TIME... ...EVENT... ...CITY LOCATION... ...LAT.LON

.DATE... ....MAG.... ..COUNTY LOCATION..ST.. ...SOURCE.

..REMARKS..

0328 AM TROPICAL STORM COLUMBUS 32.52N 84.94W
10/29/2020 MUSCOGEE GA ASOS

21 KTS SUSTAINED, 49 KTS PEAK WIND

I’m in Acworth, with Corp of engineer woods behind my house. Winds started waking me up about 90 minutes ago, but I was able to doze off and on. Then about 15 minutes ago I heard a big tree crack and fall behind our house, and it freaked me out so much I got up. I can smell the wood, so it has to be pretty close, though I can’t see anything cuz is so dark. We still have power, though it is flickering now and then. Wind is just roaring right now!

The airport in Alex City about 30 miles from my parents gusted to 62 at least

The last BMX prediction had 69 there...

Max sustained winds still up at 60 per 5 AM EDT/4 AM CDT NHC! Moving NE at 39 and accelerating! Pressure still down to 988 mb. Now between Birm and ATL. in E AL.

BULLETIN
Tropical Storm Zeta Advisory Number 19
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL AL282020
400 AM CDT Thu Oct 29 2020

...ZETA PRODUCING DAMAGING GUSTY WINDS ACROSS PORTIONS OF
THE SOUTHEAST UNITED STATES...

SUMMARY OF 400 AM CDT...0900 UTC...INFORMATION
----------------------------------------------
LOCATION...34.0N 85.5W
ABOUT 65 MI...105 KM WNW OF ATLANTA GEORGIA
ABOUT 80 MI...130 KM ENE OF BIRMINGHAM ALABAMA
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS...60 MPH...95 KM/H
PRESENT MOVEMENT...NE OR 40 DEGREES AT 39 MPH...63 KM/H
MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE...988 MB...29.18 INCHES

Stronger gusts now, acorns and small branches slamming the roof and windows, and just heard another big tree come down behind the house. Lights flickering a ton, doubt we have power much longer. This is scary!

Back