• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Hurricane Zeta

I assume you're being funny. To clarify for the record, that's not the low level center, which is til back in AL.

Do you have an explanation for the depiction on satellite not aligning with the center of low pressure at the surface?

Do you have an explanation for the depiction on the satellite not aligning with the center of pressure at the surface?

Good question. I actually don't but I suspect that is just something that randomly looks like an eye for some reason.

Winds picking up way over here somewhat surprisingly but I'm not expecting much here.

Power out at my parents place in Kennesaw already.

I’m in a few miles south of Cumming for this one

Good question. I actually don't but I suspect that is just something that happens to look like an eye.

Fair enough.

To be clear, I wasn't trying to be funny. Why it's not aligned with the pressure fields at the surface, I couldn't answer either. But I don't think there's any question whether or not the depiction on satellite is associated with Zeta.

Regardless, seeing such a defined feature like that well inland is impressive to me.

RWRGA
WEATHER ROUNDUP FOR GEORGIA
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE PEACHTREE CITY GA
400 AM EDT THU OCT 29 2020

NOTE: "FAIR" INDICATES FEW OR NO CLOUDS BELOW 12,000 FEET WITH NO
SIGNIFICANT WEATHER AND/OR S TO VISIBILITY

* = USE WITH CAUTION. THE STATIONS MARKED WITH AN ASTERISK MAY NOT
REPORT WEATHER SUCH AS PRECIPITATION, FOG, OR THUNDER AND ARE NOT
QUALITY CONTROLLED BY NWS.

THE REMARK "TC" DENOTES TEMPERATURE READING IN DEGREES CELSIUS.

GAZ001>058-290900-
NORTH GEORGIA

CITY SKY/WX TMP DP RH WIND PRES REMARKS

ATLANTA HVY RAIN 73 70 90 S26G49 29.62F FOG

Haralson County in GA currently has the largest % out with several counties to the S almost as high.

Back