• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Hurricane Zeta

Jim Cantore just said parts of Atlanta could see hurricane gusts. And that it’s about to speed up. So we will see. Atl is still in the thick of it.

I think Jim is right for places like Newnan, Douglasville, Lithia Springs, Marietta, Kennesaw, and Canton, where I could see some of them possibly getting close to 75 mph! Downtown ATL may see 65 or so and Hartsfield 60 or so...these are my latest guesses fwiw. History, folks, is on the way that may not be repeated for several decades!

Edit: I'm increasing Hartsfield max gusts to potentially 65 mph because the station is elevated well above the ground I think. I wasn't thinking about that before.

Don’t like seeing that Convective tail on the hrrr, that’s just another way to bring strong winds down View attachment 51298
It's showing gust close to 60 mph all the way across the state, I'm assuming this convective line is the catalyst to get those winds to the surface

The Blizzard of 93 and Opal were probably the two most significant weather events of my 51 years. I was in Carrollton for both events. I greatly under estimated what Opal would do. It moved through over night as well. I was blown away with what I saw when the sun came up.

Will be interesting to see how this event compares. Good luck to all. Be safe. Be prepared.

I think Jim is right for places like Newnan, Douglasville, Lithia Springs, Marietta, Kennesaw, and Canton, where I could see some of them possibly getting close to 75 mph! Downtown ATL may see 65 or so and Hartsfield 60 or so...these are my latest guesses fwiw. History, folks, is on the way that may not be repeated for several decades!

Edit: I'm increasing Hartsfield max gusts to potentially 65 mph because the station is elevated well above the ground I think. I wasn't thinking about that before.
Another thing to consider is zeta appears to be tracking a bit east of NAM and HRRR.. also HRRR highlights that axis of maximum winds closer to KATL..

Back