• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Hurricane Sally Inland Effects

My station says 1" exactly. But NWS has me at over 2. @SD How much did you get?

I actually did really well with this one having two max zones well east and west of Charlotte with 1-2” in the middle.

Those Radar estimates are on the lower end. I'm smack in-between Greensboro and Winston and I had 2.25" as of 11pm last night, and another .1" fell after. It's still drizzling here and Radar is blank.

Hrrr started spitting out some 4-5 inch totals just as the rain started. Pretty poor performance from that model for this area.
Yeah it was flip-flopping all the way through the event. That model can be a mess just as easily as it can hit the nail on the head.

Those Radar estimates are on the lower end. I'm smack in-between Greensboro and Winston and I had 2.25" as of 11pm last night, and another .1" fell after. It's still drizzling here and Radar is blank.

Yeah, I can verify 2.39 storm total here.

2.83” in my backyard three miles SW of KECG weather station according to my AcuRite which is actually calibrated correctly.

Thanks Sally. As if my yard wasn’t a mosquito filled swamp before, it is now.

Last edited:
Back