• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Hurricane Nicole

here on the Beach.. Sun has popped out & with it,, Instability has went up (alot)..

Thunder Storms w/lighting & Thunder,, rolling in off the Ocean..
current obs..
Temp 75F
Pressure 29.88 in

Clouds Partly Cloudy/T Storms
Dew Point 73 F
Humidity 95 %
Rainfall 0.04 in
Winds SSE 20~30mph
Surf/waves 5~10'
Gale warnings & Small Craft Warnings are in Effect..
Along with TOR Watches

My physical gauge said had 1.25" as of this morning. I did not think I would get even close considering I had basically nothing after midnight. This site, which is generally on the low side, shows you over an inch.

View attachment 123696
It's weird. Radar indicates between .5 and .75. My gauge is not in an ideal location but it usually gets close to reality. I'll go with the official recording at FFC. Let's see what that reads.

It's weird. Radar indicates between .5 and .75. My gauge is not in an ideal location but it usually gets close to reality. I'll go with the official recording at FFC. Let's see what that reads.

looks like with today and yesterday combined they are at 1.06" at KFFC

Tornado warning for Franklinton and Louisburg to the north of me. I had a few big rumbles of thunder and a brief heavy downpour, but the sun is out now.

Sun’s out. Be interested to see if anything else can get going now. Personally skeptical
I agree not feeling confident about a resurgence. Although the stuff in South Carolina will be interesting for maybe an isolated tornado as it moves in but also some strong wind gusts I could see accompanying it.

Back