• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Hurricane Nate

not trying to cause any problems but this is where confusion arises in some people, to me a storm getting more powerful and dangerous is NOT "better" it is worse news.......calling it better news using english did indicate the poster desires a bigger storm.......

I meant the structure of the storm itself....not that it would necessarily be "better", damage and destruction wise. Apologies.

It's just that it's looked like a raggedy piece of mess imo, it's actually starting to "look better" as far as it actually is looking more like a TS now in terms of the look of the storm itself. I never said I desired a bigger storm...geezus lol. This is a weather board. This is what folks do here. We follow weather, be it tropical, tornadic, winter, etc. I didn't mean any harm. I just meant the storm itself is looking healthier on satellite.

Is there an eye there now or is it trying to form one? I'll be honest. I have had a hard time up until the last frames on sat seeing the center of circulation. It appears that there is one pretty evident now. (Again just imo)

Special Weather Statement issued by NWS Atlanta

Special Weather Statement
National Weather Service Peachtree City GA
308 PM EDT Fri Oct 6 2017

GAZ001>009-011>016-019>025-027-030>039-041>062-066>073-078>082-
089>091-102-103-070600-
308 PM EDT Fri Oct 6 2017

...TROPICAL WEATHER CONDITIONS POSSIBLE LATE SATURDAY NIGHT INTO
SUNDAY ACROSS NORTH AND CENTRAL GEORGIA...

Tropical Storm Nate, currently just east of the Yucatan
penninsula of Mexico, is expected to track north-northwest across
the Gulf of Mexico through Saturday, making landfall somewhere
along the central Gulf Coast Saturday night.

The latest track from the National Hurricane Center has Nate
turning northeast across Alabama, approaching northwest Georgia by
Sunday afternoon. Based on this current forecast track, the
probability of seeing tropical storm-force wind gusts, greater
than 40 MPH, is increasing across portions of central and north
Georgia throughout Sunday. Several hours of winds of this
magnitude would be capable of bringing down trees and powerlines.
In addition to the wind, periods of heavy rain could produce 2 to
6 inches of rainfall which may result in localized flash flooding,
especially across urban and poor drainage areas. A few tornadoes
are also possible within any of the more organized rain bands that
are associated with Nate.

As forecast confidence increases overnight tonight into Saturday,
Tropical Storm Watches may be issued for portions of central and
north Georgia.

This is an evolving and challenging forecast. Please stay tuned
to the latest forecasts and information from the National
Hurricane Center, and the National Weather Service in Peachtree
City.

I meant the structure of the storm itself....not that it would necessarily be "better", damage and destruction wise. Apologies.

It's just that it's looked like a raggedy piece of mess imo, it's actually starting to "look better" as far as it actually is looking more like a TS now in terms of the look of the storm itself. I never said I desired a bigger storm...geezus lol. This is a weather board. This is what folks do here. We follow weather, be it tropical, tornadic, winter, etc. I didn't mean any harm. I just meant the storm itself is looking healthier on satellite.
TY for that response no need to apologize, not intended to be critical of you just saw it as a teaching moment for ALL posters to consider.

In honor of our funny banter...
yelling-telling.jpg

If the current track holds it wouldnt surprise me if Nate has more impact in Western GA than Irma had. With Irma we had little wind but a lot of rain. Could get more wind out of this maybe.

18z NAM is west of the 12z run which was a clear east outlier of the 12z runs

Sent from my SM-J320VPP using Tapatalk

Back