• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Hurricane Nate

So we have GFS, Nam, UK stronger than CMC/EURO. I say cat 1 at best

We shall see. I'm not sold on this becoming a hurricane. Just my opinion for sure.

Good post. As stated elsewhere but echos my thoughts: "the thing is.. shear is not the big factor in the "sloppiness". shear really only increases just prior to landfall ( per latest models).. it is mostly the interaction with the other system that causes the pressure field to be stretched and "energy" to be lost."

In other words, that noname system that was in the Keys won't allow it to get that strong imo. Competition is good!

Seriously? You follow weather all year and get excited when there is a hurricane to follow or a winter storm to follow,etc....You know that.:weenie:
What's the point, does not mean I want death and destruction. FOLLOWING a system and wanting a tropical system to strengthen and have stronger winds are two different things

Sent from my SM-J320VPP using Tapatalk

What's the point, does not mean I want death and destruction. FOLLOWING a system and wanting a tropical system to strengthen and have stronger winds are two different things

Sent from my SM-J320VPP using Tapatalk

I remember right the '93 Superstorm killed 200+. Extreme weather causes death and destruction whatever type you fancy.

Here's a live cam (with sound) from the Hyatt Ziva Cancun. This Hyatt is located on the eastern-most tip of the Zona Hotelera...should be interesting to monitor as Nate draws closer today.
Edit: BTW, I should mention that this camera faces northeast, with the Faro de Punta Cancun lighthouse visible to the east.

Last edited:
Looking better to my untrained eye on satellite.
not trying to cause any problems but this is where confusion arises in some people, to me a storm getting more powerful and dangerous is NOT "better" it is worse news.......calling it better news using english did indicate the poster desires a bigger storm.......

not trying to cause any problems but this is where confusion arises in some people, to me a storm getting more powerful and dangerous is NOT "better" it is worse news.......calling it better news using english did indicate the poster desires a bigger storm.......
I can see one's take based on just English definitions of words but as far as discussing in weather logic we obviously understand or at least most of us understand "better" in this frame doesn't denote a desire for a stronger storm more of a observation of current health of storm....it's confusing being a weather follower haha

Back