• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Hurricane Lee

Ok, thats kinda what I was thinking. It's gonna rain all week up here so what's a little more rain with some winds?! Thanks, now I need to wish for snow!
18z gfs coming in west of 12z

12z

gfs_mslp_pcpn_neus_26.png

18z

gfs_mslp_pcpn_neus_25.png

The 12z GFS does something that I’m not sure that any New England hurricane has ever done. The track bends back NW in a way that the storm comes right at the Maine coast with a perpendicular hit and then takes a sharp NE turn and hugs the Maine coastline before moving into New Brunswick. I don’t think there is any hurricane on record that has ever hit the coast of Maine at that angle.

Interesting that all the global op models want to bend the track back NW or NNW towards the coast of Maine. The only differences are how close it approaches the coastline before taking a hard right turn.

Goof grief that brings it right to my house........Here's hoping he goes east more!!!
I'd pay close attention to trends over the next day or two. Euro hooks back left, Cape Cod takes a pounding before LF in ME, GFS bends NW too but much later with LF in Atlantic Canada but some of the Hurricane models are bending back to Maine. Wonder how storm surge would effect the Bay of Fundy which, I'm sure you know, has the highest tides in the world

13L_tracks_latest.png

Back