• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Hurricane Isaias

GOES19-GA-08-1000x1000.gif

msspyda-digger-dance.gif
 
It’s early but I would say the ai models won out on this with the eastern landfall and intensity.
I agree and correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Google DeepMind's WeatherNext 3 led the way early on. The physic-based models and even the Euro AI took awhile before jumping on that east track.
 
Local news is saying the storm has been on a NNE movement for a couple hours and is north of the forecast track

1791528953702.png

The two forecast points are 9 hours apart. If my time zone, CDT, then now the center would be forecast to be 4/9 of the way after the 10:00PM point.

Current recon showing center around 25.9 N and 88.4 W, and it appears the center of Isaias is at the 10:00PM position, or the center of the white ball, 4 hours south, not north of schedule.

1791529158492.png
 
Looking at the updating water vapor image at the top of the page, there's a bump east.
 
Back
Top