• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Hurricane Fiona

I hope that is much needed rain for PR. Sometimes we assume because its tropical they get sufficient rain. Having read articles about drought in the Amazonas, I never assume now.
I went there one time and the air was dry like a desert but I think it just depends on the time of year. But I was surprised it didn't feel tropical.

Wow, obviously the fix from Maria was all patchwork. Puerto Rico deserves better! Keep the island in my prayers.

Fc9N5YWXEAInzC2

Unfortunately, Fiona Missed the worst of the shredder. She did pass over some terrain, but it's all under 2,000ft. The higher terrain is the central chain with peaks well into 6,000 - 7,000 ft range with a few above 8,000ft.

1663595875078.png

Looks to be concluding her trip to the DR, and will be back over open water before too much longer.

1663596465533.png

Looks like her moisture transport from the south is being disrupted by Hispanola. Probably why we didn't see much intensification over night. Once she moves a little further away and crank up that fetch she should be able to intensify a lot better.

goes16_ir_07L_202209201027.gif

Back