• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Hurricane Dorian

Am I missing something that could keep this from going for the #1 strongest Atlantic hurricane?

ok...so HOT off the presses...LMBO OLD vs NEW (8am E vs 11am E) 11am is the latest they have (obviously slight delay)
To me its kind of telling. The trof looks less deep and pushing down. The ridge is fighting back over FL and the SE and the eastern part of the WAR (see old image circle) has weakend a bit. All in all IMHO, I see the ridge over the SE winning right now.

steering 8am E.gifsteering 11am e.gif

ok...so HOT off the presses...LMBO OLD vs NEW (8am E vs 11am E) 11am is the latest they have (obviously slight delay)
To me its kind of telling. The trof looks less deep and pushing down. The ridge is fighting back over FL and the SE and the eastern part of the WAR (see old image circle) has weakend a bit. All in all IMHO, I see the ridge over the SE winning right now.

View attachment 22757View attachment 22758
Hmmmm.....sorry layman here. Impact of that? Lol :)

Is it possible Dorian stays on a westward heading for a while?

What the map above tells me is Abaco Islands and the rest of the NW Bahamas is going to be completely devastated. The images I'm seeing already are heartbreaking. Here's one video from Twitter of winds blowing through someone's house, and another video below of surge flowing the streets of a neighborhood like white water rapids.

Hmmmm.....sorry layman here. Impact of that? Lol :)
Don't really know yet. We need to see if Dorian will slow down later today and tonight. I personally think the ridge is holding longer and he is moving quicker and outrunning the trof coming down ***for now*** its going to change, but when?

No way out..squeezed in....

I know its the HWRF, but is a big west shift...Prob the only model on the 12z runs to show this *so take with a big grain of salt* but it drives it near cape Canaveral on a NW heading to the GA/FL border and then North from there. At 'HR 90 now

12z GEFS: mean is the furthest east of at least the last 4 runs off FL and GA. Near most of SC not much change and maybe a tad closer upper SC/NC.

Back