• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Hurricane Dorian

I know there is still a ton of uncertainty, but what could we possibly be looking at around Myrtle Beach?

Still absurd amounts of lightning around the eyewall, in fact the eyewall seems like one giant supercell

This is one of the more impressive Canes I’ve seen

28098371.gif

anyone have a link to a valid article/paper.primer/chapter/analysis on the effect of atmospheric conditions (troughs, ridges in particular) on major hurricanes (in particular the tracks)? If so, I'd like to get it into our Wiki!

This isn't good if you want a miss. Look at the trough over the southern Canada...allows Dorian to move N before getting pushed NE.

View attachment 22744

12 hours later...look at the atlantic ridge flex.

View attachment 22745

If that subtropical ridge flexes anymore it’s gonna push impacts further inland in NC, rain and wind would be a issue with a pressure gradient

I’m sorry if it’s been done, but could you explain how to read this?
The winds in the chart are winds recorded at the second it was in that position as the dropsonde falls. The information below that from what I have heard is the average wind in that part of the eyewall recorded. If that's true, this is up around 185 - 190.

I’ll just add that if there gonna be a landfall in the us at all. I think it’s likely a brief one somewhere in the Carolinas. But the most likely scenario is just off the coast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And we where laughing at the hwrf a few days ago. Look at radar/sat fellows. It dont get any bigger,bader,perfectly structured than this. That northern bahama island is about to get nuked and i mean that literally. Unreal

Add the 12Z CMC to list of 12Z runs EAST of respective 6Z. So, ICON, GFS, Legacy, and CMC all east of 6Z. 4 out of 4 so far.

Now can add 12Z UKMET to list of runs EAST of respective earlier runs off of FL, GA, and at least much of SC. So, ICON, GFS, Legacy, CMC, and UKMET all east of prior run. 5 out of 5 so far fwiw. But of course we’ll need to see the storm turn in a timely fashion for those to verify.
Anyway, PERHAPS the 6Z consensus will turn out to be the furthest west?? At least there’s a chance and this possibility shouldn’t be ignored.

Only need a 40 mile error on the nhc track for Tuesday and you have a cat 4 to 5 making landfall in Florida.

Per radar josh has punched the eyewall dead center. Cant wait for his report and pics especially with the insanely clear eyewall.

I think I’m done looking at models lol, at this point I’m seeing what the storm is doing, any wobbles, speed, north or south movement, match to current forecasts, anything can happen

Back