• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Hurricane Dorian

Personally that's why I didn't laugh at it and I don't even think I commented on it. I know that the HWRF does insanely well with those storms. Now it's depicted too weak.
Is this then the efficacy of this model then more than track? Overall it seems it’s track has been discounted, as maybe it doesn’t do as good of job understanding elements outside of the hurricane itself such as the drivers for steering and such? Or, if that’s wrong, should we care it slams it to FL?

Probably not the best time to nitpick, but Dorian is a boy's name (so that would be "he"). ;)

(sorry, my OCD kicked in)

Boy/ girl or indecisive. It is a beast and it will carve its own path and I have a feeling it’s going to turn right at the coast. Watching history today friends!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah with how amped up this is if eye even scraps the coastline anywhere its going to do significant damage
If it rides the beaches with those winds it will be the most expensive, and given the high tides, if people hunkered down maybe most deadly. They need to go for a drive no matter what the models predict.

Note that this is the furthest east at that point of just about any ICON run fwiw. Just about all of the others were onshore in FL then.
And substitute the 956 at approach with say 930....and that might be generous....

Note that this is the furthest east at that point of just about any ICON run fwiw. Just about all of the others were onshore in FL then.
Saw that; walk and Mass, but in the hopes of good mojo, holding off on the beer and ice run ... LOL

Back