• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Hurricane Dorian

Even if I was a person that loves TCs, that’s a nope nope for me, he could be stuck on there for a long time, winds gonna be destructive aswell

You can see Dorian on the base reflectivity out of Miami now. Looks like the eyewall is about 16 miles away from the first island
1fd6e019734945d15c348f8f6bb4869c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Dorian continues to strengthen and is not slowing down, still moving west. The longer it takes to slow down, the longer it will take to start moving north like the models have it doing, and the greater chance it has to hit land. The models already have it very close to land. If they are wrong by just a little bit it could mean a world of difference in where Dorian goes. It doesn't look good right now

Storms this compact and powerful write their own rules and create their own stirring currents to an extent. If you are the NHC you have to take a stab at future track based on model data you are looking at but this thing is going to do its own thing atleast until it passes through and destroys the bahamas.

Found it...so yup, last nights adv was around 310 miles E of WPB, and now we are 210 miles E of WPB....so its been moving around 10 mph pretty much due westerly.

ABOUT 310 MI...500 KM E OF WEST PALM BEACH FLORIDA
Correct me if I’m wrong but it seems like big uptick in lightning around the eye, if so, uh oh.

35181716.gif
No, you're not wrong. Uh-Oh

Back