• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Hurricane Dorian

I don't believe that it is at 30/80 YET correct me if I am wrong I saw the last guidance had it around 77/27, can some one verify ? Also can anyone tell me if Dorian is still traveling at 8 mph or has that changed ?

I don't believe that it is at 30/80 YET correct me if I am wrong I saw the last guidance had it around 77/27, can some one verify ? Also can anyone tell me if Dorian is still traveling at 8 mph or has that changed ?
It's not, the 30/80 discussion is model projections... the 06z euro and the GFS (posted above) and yes as of now officially 8 mph

Not liking 2 runs of the gfs keeping the storm so close to NC coast. Idont believe the 10m wind maps bit it would put me in decent TS conditions. Glad it's still 5 days away and likely to change a bunch and climo says it should trend east.
This is climo....where it gets sticky is the distance offshore. Looks to me the risk increases substantially the closer to shore it gets. I think we could find ourselves in the dead zone between the shore and climo...EDYQeIzXYAAVYPG.jpeg

Past 3 runs of the Euro...don't have the 18z Euro though.

View attachment 22713
I think I'm starting to get a scent from the Euro on a bust. This thing put too many people in a false state of security I'm sure. If we get a big tick west then nothing is stopping it from slamming west palm beach area.

I think I'm starting to get a scent from the Euro on a bust. This thing put too many people in a false state of security I'm sure. If we get a big tick west then nothing is stopping it from slamming west palm beach area.
My family is down there?

Dorian still seems relatively small to me, have there not been that many EWRC? Seems to have maintained it's almost perfect shape with very little fluctuation and no expansion of the wind field for quite some time now
What's worse is I can't see any signs of any ERCs. The structure appears to only have stayed the same from what I can tell.

Dorian still seems relatively small to me, have there not been that many EWRC? Seems to have maintained it's almost perfect shape with very little fluctuation and no expansion of the wind field for quite some time now
I've not read or seen evidence of an EWRC

If it does, your call from days back about a Frances-like track will echo loud ...
The second trough would have to be a complete whiff and the high would have to build stronger from the east for that to happen. I wouldn't rule that out until tomorrow. I wouldn't rule any path out until it makes a different move, or simply keeps going.

Back