• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Hurricane Dorian

Has anyone heard any storm analysis out of the bahamas about the height of storm surge? Maybe it's too early for such a report? I don't really know who determines it or when. It's obviously high and bad.

Sadly I learned that there are (probably was now in at least a few cases) some Haitian shanty towns in the Abaco Island and that played a part. The picture of where one of them was shocking, it's totally gone. The surge doesn't have an official measure but it was described as tsunami like waves. Crazy.

Sadly I learned that there are (probably was now in at least a few cases) some Haitian shanty towns in the Abaco Island and that played a part. The picture of where one of them was shocking, it's totally gone. The surge doesn't have an official measure but it was described as tsunami like waves. Crazy.

I can honestly say without much doubt in my mind that Dorian was probably our closest look at what the Labor Day Hurricane was like to the Florida Keys in 1935.

What’s the death total so far? I keep hearing a some die in eastern NC due to chainsaw accidents and of course Bahamas will take some time. Usually the media is screaming but it’s seems quiet.

Those are pictures taken by North Wilkesboro based Samaritan’s Purse Disaster Warehouse. They have set up a hospital with many rooms.

What’s the death total so far? I keep hearing a some die in eastern NC due to chainsaw accidents and of course Bahamas will take some time. Usually the media is screaming but it’s seems quiet.

last I heard Bahamas is 50 confirmed but that's bound to go higher(there are unconfirmed rumors of wayyy higher)

2 in NC per Wikipedia

28 of 49 horses dead on Cedar Island NC due to mini tsunami ahead of Dorian. - Statesville Record

Back