• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Hotober

rained for about 20 minutes tonight(about 5 minutes of heavy rain)... after 2 hours of light drizzle last night

#winning :rolleyes: I'm less concerned about cold tbh, we need widespread rain or its not gonna matter tbh

Last edited:
Got a nice widespread rain today. Picked up right at 0.5 today on my rain gauge. Front looks to pass through the area tomorrow.

Hell of a cold shot at the end of the 00z gfs . Most likely won’t verify but damn it’s good to see!!!
58e3e18005106db83facf4e4f53881d5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OMG, the FV3 being operational is so annoying due to its cold bias. The GEFS isn't much better.

On another note, beautiful steady rains have been falling here.

Nice soaking rain overnight here. Holding steady in the low 60’s. Not sure we make it much higher before the front plows through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been raining since i woke up an hour ago. Looks like a nice addition to this past Sunday's rains

Most of the southeast except the mountains has never had measurable snow in October, so I'd say it's highly likely the 00z GFS is wrong.

Most of the southeast except the mountains has never had measurable snow in October, so I'd say it's highly likely the 00z GFS is wrong.
I would add that beyond 144 hours, it is always "wrong". By that I mean there is no predictive value of one run of the operational beyond that point. The take away here is that the GEFS is indicating cooler than normal temps and rain chances in the long range (10 + days). It actually starts for Georgia, Alabama around 150 hours. Hopefully it won't be blazing hot again this month.

Back