• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Grading the 1st Half of Winter

------------------------------------ for the whole winter... a big 0 on a scale of 1-100. A truly awful winter. I would also like to give an F to Joe Bastardi and everyone else who predicted an epic winter for the south. Now everybody get ready for the frontloaded spring mosquito season thanks to our epic rainy winter.

I was going to wait until late March, but since this is for the first half of winter, my grade is a F. F for F--- this winter. I thought 2011/2012 and 2015/2016 were disastrous, but they were decent compared to this year. At least we actually saw legit arctic blasts in those two winters and traces of snow. I remember the day after New Years Day 2012, we struggled to get into the 20s for highs. That's what you call a true arctic blast, When 40 degrees for a high and 28 for a low is considered an arctic blast around here, something is seriously wrong. I don't think we've had one single day with sub-freezing highs or teens for lows so far. Hell, we haven't even hit 32 or below for a low this entire month of February! I think this winter is closer to 2005/2006 and 2006/2007. Winters so bad, I don't remember anything worthwhile about them.

Back