• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Learning Global Warming facts and fiction

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s just going to slightly slow down the rise and store more of the heat in the ocean only to release it later when it goes back positive increasing the rate of warming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sorry, I disagree with the feedback mechanisms often cited until the most important dynamic, clouds and water vapor, are factored in and understood, the amount of warming is just a guess and not scientific, just a models prediction based on incomplete information

In this case, I don't think he has any information that tells him that, mere conjecture on his part, he could be right and he could be wrong. Any solid science that indicated it will cool would be released immediately.

In this case, I don't think he has any information that tells him that, mere conjecture on his part, he could be right and he could be wrong. Any solid science that indicated it will cool would be released immediately.
Unless the paradigm is going to shift for reasons they don’t want you to know.

Unless the paradigm is going to shift for reasons they don’t want you to know.
Not saying Trump is right or knows anything (because I don't know), but I think people unfortunately misplace a lot of faith "official" sources.

It is clearly evident that the globe is warming and it is affecting us locally, especially when averaged out (I’m not a “denier”), but this is an exaggerated far left garbage source with a blanket blame of extreme wx events on global warming:

“Food security is now an issue. Midwestern states have seen more than their share of floods and droughts. A recent derecho windstorm flattened 10 million acres of crops in several states. The Southwest is suffering from a megadrought. With changing climate, plant diseases and pests are on the move and pollinators are disappearing, as are natural enemies of pests.”

So, floods, droughts, and the recent derecho are all due to climate change? Really?

By the way, more CO2 has actually lead to longer growing seasons, growing further north, and more “plant food” so to speak as plants like CO2.

Why are you posting this far left crap?

Last edited:
People often forget pop icon Smashmouth was one of the first artists to get on board with global warming. Here is an excerpt from one of his first top 40 songs.

"But the meteor men beg to differ, judging by the hole in the satellite picture. The ice we skate is getting pretty thin, the water's getting warm so you might as well swim. My world's on fire, how bout yours? That's the way I like it and I'll never get bored.

To some of us, a warmer world is welcome and portrays fun, entertainment, and excitement.

To me, I wish he'd had wrote a song about Ole Man Winter.

It is clearly evident that the globe is warming and it is affecting us locally, especially when averaged out (I’m not a “denier”), but this is an exaggerated far left garbage source with a blanket blame of extreme wx events on global warming:

“Food security is now an issue. Midwestern states have seen more than their share of floods and droughts. A recent derecho windstorm flattened 10 million acres of crops in several states. The Southwest is suffering from a megadrought. With changing climate, plant diseases and pests are on the move and pollinators are disappearing, as are natural enemies of pests.”

So, floods, droughts, and the recent derecho are all due to climate change? Really?

By the way, more CO2 has actually lead to longer growing seasons, growing further north, and more “plant food” so to speak as plants like CO2.

Why are you posting this far left crap?

AGW is absolutely the cause of more extreme weather events as they wouldn’t have occurred when they did in an unmodified atmosphere and cryosphere and the greening has no benefit as the plants grow faster and have less nutritional content because of it.

How is the bullsh*t? If you change the climate you change the weather as well so since the climate is now different than years past the possible extremes are different.

A warmer climate will have more extreme heat and more extreme rainfall as the atmosphere has more water loading and more heat also means more energy in the system for storms to tap into.

It’s really not hard to understand but folks just want to ignore it to keep the status quo.

How is the bullsh*t? If you change the climate you change the weather as well so since the climate is now different than years past the possible extremes are different.

The BS is in having proof that practically every extreme event is tied to GW/Climate Change. You do realize that the source you used is highly partisan and is stating that it is trying to get folks to vote for Biden, right? When politics enters, you can be sure that objectivity is out the door.

What about the fact that total US tornadoes are down this past decade? Why not count that, too?

I'm saying this even though I didn't vote for Trump in 2016 and won't in 2020. But I can still see far left winged political bias in this.

The BS is in having proof that practically every extreme event is tied to GW/Climate Change. You do realize that the source you used is highly partisan and is stating that it is trying to get folks to vote for Biden, right? When politics enters, you can be sure that objectivity is out the door.

What about the fact that total US tornadoes are down this past decade? Why not count that, too?

I'm saying this even though I didn't vote for Trump in 2016 and won't in 2020. But I can still see far left winged political bias in this.

Solid post, I too believe man using fossil fuels is 100% having a direct impact on the warming we are seeing........however those articles are trash and impossible to validate.....the weather now is not more extreme we simply do not have the reliable data to compare todays "extreme" events with past events.....in todays world of internet and instant access to anyone at anytime anywhere in the world we hear of weather events no one would have ever heard of even 20-30 yrs ago much less 50-100 and beyond...

Last edited:
Solid post, I too believe man using fossil fuels is 100% having a direct impact on the warming we are seeing........however those articles are trash and impossible to validate.....the weather now is not more extreme we simply do not have the reliable data to compare todays "extreme" events with past events.....in todays world of internet and instant access to anyone at anytime anywhere in the world we hear of weather events no one would have ever heard of even 20-30 yrs ago much less 50-100 and beyond...

There’s no control in this experiment which would be an Earth without a modified atmosphere so all we have is models which are saying more extremes in heat and precipitation as the planet warms which is matching observations.

Usually whatever is driving fear in people no matter what political side is usually the wrong and deceiving side.

Oh so the fossil fuel companies downplaying the issue for decades is ok then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back